Quick Explanation: What Is Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Local SEO is the process of improving your website’s relevancy for a given location. As a result, it will increase the number of location specific search queries that your website will show up for users in target market. In other words, with local SEO you can increase the number of potential customers who find you locally on search engines such as Google or Bing.
What Businesses Can Do Local SEO?
Any business can utilize SEO to grow their local presence online. For example, a restaurant may use local SEO to bring more customers through there doors. Not only does local SEO help business owners, but they help online users find what they are looking for. Customers can find your business usually by a map listing or by search.
Why Is Local SEO Important For My Small Business?
Local SEO should be important part of any business’s marketing strategy. The purpose of local SEO is to bring local customers to your business. Depending on you are the type of business you will determine the level of importance of Local SEO.
For example, if you were a business that relies more on the local population to support your business, then you should prioritize your efforts on Local SEO. Some of these businesses include restaurants, real estate companies, retail stores, carwashes, law firms, medical facilities, and much more.
However, if your business does not rely on the local population to support your business, then you should still do it, but should not be a priority. For example, ecommerce stores, online subscription stores, and other online based companies. The reason why I say that these businesses should still utilize local SEO is because it can still provide benefits. For example, more traffic to their website, phone calls, and It help customers find your business virtually. Here is a list of reasons why businesses focus on Local SEO.
Reasons Why Business Should Start Local SEO
- You need more business to survive.
- Your business goals are to grow and expand.
- Your competitors are using local SEO.
- It is easier and cheaper for you to work with local customers.
- You want to expand your business into a different location.
- You want customers to find you and to know what your do.
- Build reputation for your business.
How Can I Improve My Local SEO?
There are many ways to improve your local SEO for your small business. However, this process is not just something you do once and your done. This is an ongoing process, if not you may risk losing your ranking and relevancy for local SEO. Here is a list of ways on how to improve your local SEO.
Local SEO Techniques
- Make sure your website has all your contact information. This includes your phone number, email, and most of all your address. *This information needs to stay consistent for everything you list your business on. Search engines will crawl sites and see that your business is relevant for a given location.
- Mention your location and service area on your website. Create content that is specifically for a specific area.
- Create a free Google My Business listing. Google My Business is probably the most important channel, in which your business gets customers locally. Customers will be able to visit your website, call you, message you, see what your business is about, get directions, and leave reviews
- Create a free Bing Places listing. Bing Places is basically a mirror to Google My Business; however, the only difference is that it is for Bing, Yahoo, and AOL instead of Google. Many businesses make the mistake of thinking Bing is irrelevant or a waste of time however, that is not the case. It is less cluttered with competition and has users.
- Utilize local directories and review websites. Get your business on as many free local directories and review sites as possible. Make sure you provide your same contact information and business address.
- Get your business some reviews. Reviews help your business build trust with prospected customers. As a result, they are more likely to interact with your business, which will boost your rankings.
- Include your address on your social media profiles such as: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others.
Summary of Local SEO
Local SEO can be a huge benefit for your business. However, it may take some work, but if you want to have a better chance of dominating the local market, then local SEO is necessary. Local SEO not only helps small businesses grow and succeed, but it helps online users find businesses they are looking for. If you are interested in getting help with local SEO, then contact JMF Digital Marketing today.
Get Started Today With JMF Digital Marketing
If you are interested in digital marketing, then contact us today. We are experienced in helping small businesses meet their business goals through digital marketing.
JMF Digital Marketing specializes in website design, pay per click advertisement, and, search engine optimization. Learn how we can help you expand your business, increase sales, and get you customers you want to work with.