Quick Explanation: What is Search Engine Optimization?
Many small businesses are often left confused by all the components that go into search engine optimization. However, if done correctly can be very beneficial for a business in increasing sales, getting new customers, and more. When looking at your website, search engines check for multiple attributes about your website in order to rank you against your competitors.
These attributes include:
- The speed of your website
- Security of the website
- Backlinks (other websites that are linking to your website)
- Internal links (other webpages on your site that link together)
- If you site is updated and producing new content
- How relevant your content is to keywords and how well your content is created
- Proper tagging of html tags
- And much more…
Below is a video that will help explain what SEO is in greater detail.
2 Minute Explanation Of SEO
Where Do I Start With Search Engine Optimization?
To start off with search engine optimization, you a website. This is because you need your website in order to rank online for keywords. The website needs to be made professionally by an individual or company in order take in account the domain, website’s security and speed, html tagging, and more. However, you can do this on your own but you may waste a lot of time and may cost you money in the long run if you would of just hired a professional to do it.
Creating relevant and highly valuable content is key for a successful SEO campaign. Keyword research is a large part of SEO success because you will pick words you want to rank for and build content around those words. Typically, this can be done through your service pages, blog content, and other pages throughout your website. Plus you would want to build likes internally and externally to gain authority of your webpages.
Ultimately, search engine optimization is doable for any business, however, it may be very time consuming before you see results if done correctly. It is best to invest a lot of time into SEO. It is recommended to build a qualified and experienced team of professionals in SEO, or to outsource to a SEO company like JMF Digital Marketing.
What Are The Benefits Of SEO?
There are many benefits for a small business to adopt SEO. Below are a list of our top 6 benefits for SEO.
- Get more quality leads to your website, which can result in more sales, subscribers, vendors, etc.
- Get customers and leads in larger volume and on a more consistent basis.
- Make it easier for customers to find you on search engines like Google and Bing.
- Rank higher on search engines and beat your competitors.
- Increase sales for specific goods and services by ranking higher with specific keywords.
- Build high valued content that builds trust with customers.
- Content created from your website could be used for other marketing purposes such as sharing information on social media or printing it for marketing purposes (flyers, brochures, and more).
- And much more
There are many other benefits for SEO, which greatly emphasize its importance for the business world today. Nevertheless, do not be afraid of SEO, it can work wonders for your business. It makes a great investment for your business and its future. If you need help with SEO, then contact JMF Digital Marketing today to get started.
Get Started Today With JMF Digital Marketing
If you are interested in digital marketing, then contact us today. We are experienced in helping small businesses meet their business goals through digital marketing.
JMF Digital Marketing specializes in website design, pay per click advertisement, content marketing, and search engine optimization. Learn how we can help you expand your business, increase sales, and get you customers you want to work with.