Small Businesses 7 Essential Benefits Of Having A Website
Today it is basically essential for a small business to have a website. Websites create many benefits and opportunities for a business to meet their goals. Smart businesses learn how to utilize their website as a valuable tool to connect their business with more customers. Despite many benefits, small business owners are still uncertain and hesitate in making the investment for a website.
In this blog we will discuss the benefits of a small business having a website. Ultimately, by the end of the blog you should be ready to make an investment in growing your company’s online presence and reaching more customers.
1) Build Your Online Presence
Probably the main purpose of having a website is to establish your online presence. Additionally, websites provide businesses a great opportunity of reaching customers that would normally not visit their business. Furthermore, websites help small businesses accommodate their customers by having themselves found online.
Most customers today, do not want to waste time driving to a business without knowing more about your business. For example, what products you sell or the services you offer. Instead, they want information and solutions in real time for their problems/questions.
By putting your website online, you are reaching undiscovered customers you would not have typically encountered. Despite, your business having a social media, it does not necessarily mean your customers do. In addition, they may not look for your type of business/goods/services via social media.
Ultimately, websites can make your business online presence more solid and resourceful for your target audience. For example, it may be their only interaction consumers have with your brand. Additionally, it helps consumers with how they preserve your brand based off your website’s design, reviews, content, and more.
2) Find More Customers
Establishing your online presence can help your business find more customers. Searching online for goods and services is our society’s preference of finding information we need. Additionally, websites help consumers by providing relevant and valuable content for consumers. Often, this content is directed towards a company’s goods and services.
Despite, the internet becoming more and more competitive each year. Small businesses can still establish themselves as a dominate competitor in the local markets with local search engine optimization (SEO). Additionally, small businesses will need to implement a strong content marketing strategy to better appeal and acquire their audience than their competitors. If accomplished, then small businesses can benefit from increased customers on a consistence basis.
3) Get Local Customers
One of the major reason businesses are often hesitant in investing in a website is because they do not believe it is for their type of business. However, this is completely wrong. For example, mom and pop shops in the local area can use local SEO to better reach customers in their local vicinity. There are many ways to do this, here are a few examples:
- Mention the local area you serve on your website
- Include your business’s physical address on your website
- List your business on Google My Business and Bing Places (link to website)
- Add your business to local directories (link to website)
Ultimately, websites strengthen your presence in the communities you serve. Just think of all the times you have looked online for a local business before shopping there. The better your website is adjusted to local SEO, the more customers you will get.
4) Better Communication & Easier To Be Contacted
Ultimately, one of the most important aspects of the customer experience, is how we communicate with our customers. Which can ultimately make or break a customer conversion, or 5-star review. With a website you can provide your customers with essential information 24/7.
One of the most important things to include on your website is the contact information:
- Company Name
- Phone Number
Company information can be updated at any time. Which makes your business more flexible in changing special holiday hours or communicating special events. Nevertheless, by having your contact information readily available for users, makes it easier for them to contact you. Additionally, it will help build a more solid and positive consumer experience.
5) Meet Your Business Goals
A professionally designed website can help your small business achieve your business goals. Whether you are looking to grow you company, profit maximization, or build brand awareness. Below, we will discuss in detail, how a website can help meet the most common business goals.
One of the most popular goals our clients have is to grow their company. A website can create opportunities for your business to create growth. For example:
- Utilize your website to expand into different services and/or products.
- Tailor content to new markets you wish or have expanded to.
- Aim to increase your target audience with the right content and digital marketing.
- Websites can be used to gather applicants for vacant positions.
- Increase sales on a more consistent basis. (Will be explained after this section)
One of the most common business goals I learned in business school was profit maximization. Websites open door to cheaper and efficient alternative ways of acquiring customers than you traditional would. A small business website opens the door for more digital marketing opportunities such as:
- Pay per click (PPC) advertisement: PPC is advertisement is used by advertisers to target their ideal customers through search engines. In addition, advertisers will only pay when users click on their ads while search or browsing search engines.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is a cheap and efficient way for businesses to nurture and acquire customers who are not ready to buy. Typically, this is done by an email subscription list displayed on the website. Email marketing may also be used to decrease customer retention and build brand loyalty.
- Search Engine Optimization: SEO is the process of improving and managing your website to appeal to search engines for better rankings. Ultimately, by improving your SEO can take time but can be beneficial at passively driving customers to your website and generating leads.
- Content Marketing: Your content can be tailored to your audience to better appeal and acquire them with the use of an effective content marketing strategy. Ultimately, you will be putting the right message in front of the right consumers at the right time.
- And More: There are other ways websites can spark profit maximization for your company. For example, they can complement your social media and traditional marketing tactics.
Digital Marketing And Websites Are Measurable And Trackable
The reason why websites and digital marketing are so effective for small businesses is because it is much easier and simple to measure and track your results. By doing so, small businesses can be come more efficient by learning how to adapt to consumer trends and taste. Learning what your customer wants and interest can be a great way to lower your acquisitions cost while increasing sales, which ultimately maximizes your profit.
Build Brand Awareness
Building brand awareness helps businesses gain trust and credibility with consumers. With a website, small businesses can be exposed to a much larger audience then they normally would. In addition, a website can be utilized to communicate credibility with your target audience. Below, are some examples on how small businesses increase credibility with their users:
- Display reviews and testimonials.
- Provide their users with relevant and valuable content that is sharable.
- Showcase past work and customers.
- Have a well-designed website, which helps consumer perception of the brand.
- Display accreditations, credentials, and awards.
Ultimately, websites are what represent your brand virtually to consumers. Putting your best foot forward on your website can benefit your results. Which is why websites are worth the investment if you are looking to meet your business goals.
6) Learn More About Your Target Audience
Professionally created websites should have web analytics codes to track user behavior, demographics, devices, and more. With this information, small businesses can learn more about their target audience. For example, how they perceive a product or service. What customers are more interested in what they are selling? What devices are not producing sales, due to the lack of responsiveness, or user preference.
Ultimately, it makes you gain a better perception of your customers, which will ultimately be used to adjust your game plan on how you appeal and acquire your audience. These changes may not only be made on your website, but on how you approach your customers throughout your entire business.
7) Become More Competitive
Having a small business website can make your business more competitive in the market. After all you will be a new player in your virtual market. You will have the potential of obtaining a market share, that normally would have gone to your competitors. Additionally, you would generate more income to promote and improve your business, while competitors will get less.
However, becoming competitive online is getting fiercer. It is recommended you get a website designer with a marketing and SEO background. You want your website to be built with the best content for your users. With the best marketing strategies to draw conversions in place. In addition, to getting your website found by users on search engines.
Invest in your website strategically and smart. Ultimately, you want to utilize your website to gain a competitive advantage in your market. Eventually, you will find that your website pays for itself along with your digital marketing expenses.
Key Takeaways: 7 Benefits Of Having A Small Business Website
If you do not have a website for your small business, then you are missing out. Small business websites are a great opportunity for a small business to achieve their business goals, connect with more customers, and ultimately become much more efficient. If you are a small business owner do not hesitate on getting a website, make the investment. Do not go cheap because you just be throwing money away. Partner with a professional website designer that can deliver you results based off your business goals. If you are interested in getting a professional website design, then contact JMF Digital Marketing today.
Get Started Today With JMF Digital Marketing
If you are interested in digital marketing, then contact us today. We are experienced in helping small businesses meet their business goals through digital marketing.
JMF Digital Marketing specializes in website design, pay per click advertisement, and, search engine optimization. Learn how we can help you expand your business, increase sales, and get you customers you want to work with.