Why Should You Redesign Your Website
Business owners are often unsure or hesitate to pull the plug on a websites current design. However, redesigning your website can be quite beneficial your company. Just like anything else in business, you need to change and adapt to survive in the competitive marketplace.
For example, when you train employees, you are reinvesting time and energy into them because they are resources for your company. A website is no exception, websites should be well maintained, updated, and provided with fresh content and designing. If you would like to learn more about web designing, then read out blog post “Quick Explanation: What Is Website Designing?”
Below is a list of reasons why your website is overdue for a redesign.
You Want Convert Website Users into Paying Customers
A website that produces results for your business is valuable. If your website is getting plenty of traffic, however no one is making purchases on your website, then you need to figure out why?
For you to answer this question, we have provided you with tips on what to look for below.
Conversion Tips For Your Website
- Do you have your contact information accurate and available for users on your website? For instance, is it easy to find and readable? By providing your contact information that is visible and accessible throughout your website you create a better user experience.
- Does your website have a call to action? A call to action is how you directly telling your website users what to do next. For example, “Get a quote now,” “Free estimate, “or “Contact us now.” Typically, this is found in a contact form and/or a button in the top right corner of a website.
- Your content is not relevant and/or valuable. For a conversion to happen you need to have content that creates value and is relevant for your target audience. Why would anyone buy from you if its not what they are looking for or if they do not trust you?
- Does your website make the buying or lead process as easy as possible? Nothing can prevent a conversion more than your website creating barriers for potential customers. For example, if your website does not properly load, is not mobile responsive, or has broken links. By fixing these issues and improving the user experience you can better your chances of making a conversion on each user.
Why You Need A Redesign To Maximize Conversions
To improve conversions on your website may require a redesign of your website. If you are not confident in your website or want better results, it is recommended you seek out a professional website design.
There are many ways to improve your conversions on a website, some more will be mentioned later this blog. If you would like to learn more tips on how your website should be designed, then read our blog post “12 Tips for Designing Your New Website.”
You Want More Traffic for Your Website
There is no point to having a website if you are not getting traffic to it. However, many business owners often do not know how drive traffic to their website. To drive traffic to your website you need search engine optimization (SEO). SEO is the process of increasing your search engine rankings on search engines such as Google and Bing.
To improve your website, need to adopt good SEO practices. Here is a list of great SEO practices that will help drive traffic to your website.
Good SEO Practices:
- Create a blog page a create content. A blog is a great content strategy for your website, it greatly increases the odds of your website ranking on search engines for targeted keywords. Search engines rank you higher because they see your website as more relevant to users based off your content. The more quality and quantity of content created on your website consistently will go a long way for your SEO efforts.
- Improve the user experience of the website. This includes the functionality of the website such as redirecting broken links, improving the website speed, updating content, and more. Ultimately, you want to make the website easy to use as possible which is rich with useful and accessible content.
- Make it easier for search engines to read your website. This mainly includes html tags for your website. For example, the structure of the website or webpage. Create a structural hierarchy of pages throughout your website. Have structural hierarchy of headings for your webpages. Eventually, this will improve your SEO because it tells search engines what your website and pages are about.
- Be strategic with links! Strengthen your website by linking other pages to each other. This SEO practice is called internal linking. This works well in improving your rankings with backlink building. Which is the process of creating links from another website link to your website.
- Know your audience. You want traffic to your website, but more importantly you want the right kind of traffic. Learn who your customer is and how to target them. What content are they looking for and what keywords will you pursue. If you would like to learn more about which keywords to select, then read our blog post “How do I Find the Best Keywords for My Business?”
What Should you do Next?
There are many ways to improve the traffic to your website. If your SEO is bad on your website, then it is probably more practical to start over with a new design and fresh start. Creating a great SEO strategy requires a good plan. Implementing a new SEO strategy can compliment a new website redesign.
You are Looking to Rebrand Your Website
Your website is your reflection of your brand. Depending on your type of business it may be the onlypoint for a user to interact with your business. Your website will give users a feel and prediction of how your company is. Below are a few facts on how individuals view a company based of their website.
Website Design Statistics
- 75% Of people determine the credibility and trust of a company based of their websites design.
- 94% Of online users first impressions are based off the design of a company’s website.
- 62% Of companies increased their sales by having their website mobile responsive for online consumers.
- 89% Of online consumers will shop with your competitor due to a poor user experience of your website.
As you can see the design of your website can go far for your business. By continuously looking to improve your website you can increase user experience and how users view your brand. Usually, a business will realize they need to redesign a website when their current design has inconsistencies in its design. For example, a website that has different colors, type of font and size, navigation menus and layouts throughout the website. Inconsistencies can cause confusion for users, which can negatively affect the user experience.
Why Font and Colors Are Important For a Website
Many businesses owners rebrand their website by changing certain characteristics of their website. For example, a company may rebrand itself with new colors, to better capture the attention of its users. Colors can affect how consumers perceive your business. For example, if your one of your brand colors are blue, you will symbolize yourself as trustworthy to consumers. To learn more about color psychology click here.
Another characteristic to consider while rebranding is the Font. Not every font is easy to read, which may make it harder for an online user to learn what your business is about. The size of the font should be readable for users on desktops, tablets, and mobile responsive. It is important to have a font size hierarchy for your webpages. For example, the main header should be the biggest, while subheadings should be smaller and so on. Keep the font consistent throughout your website or it can look very unprofessional.
Redesigning your website will be a good opportunity to rebrand your company online. Rebranding can increase the user experience, reputation, and increase conversions of your brand. Partner with a professional website designer today, such as JMF Digital Marketing to get your website to stand out and sell.
You Want Your Website Optimized for Mobile Users
According to Statista, 54.8% of all online searches are done with mobile devices. Which has increased from 31.16% in 2015. As we can see, mobile devices are a growing trend for online searches. Websites need to be optimized and designed for mobile users. Here are a few tips on how to optimize your website for mobile users.
- Improve the speed of your website for mobile devices. Click here to test your websites speed.
- Make sure your content is readable on mobile devices and its font size are scaled.
- Improve the design of your website for mobile users.
- Users should be able to navigate your website easily and find relevant content.
- Get into the habit of double checking your new pages on mobile devices.
By optimizing your website for mobile devices, you are making your website usable for most online users. If you neglect your website for mobile users, you are not appealing to your user preference. Which is not a good practice for your business. However, if you would like to improve your website on mobile devices, then hire a professional website designer.
You Want to Make Your Website More Functional
It is important to always check your website occasionally to see if its functional. Many website updates for plugins may cause your website to not be functional. Plus, any links to different websites may be discounted and bring your users to a 404 page. Navigation throughout the website may be harder than it must be. A poor functional website will produce poor results.
With a professional website designer, you can redesign your website to make your website more functional for users and improve the user experience. Below is a list of signs your website needs to be more functional.
How To Check Your Website
- Your website/webpages are loading slow. You can check your webpages speed here.
- You find broken internal links and external links throughout your website.
- Users tell you its hard to navigate your website.
- Users cannot find your website.
- Your website crashes.
- It is hard to find relevant information on your website.
If you have any of these issues on your website, then its time to redesign and reboot your website. By make your website more functional, it will improve your results.
Get Started Today With JMF Digital Marketing
If you are interested in digital marketing, then contact us today. We are experienced in helping small businesses meet their business goals through digital marketing.
JMF Digital Marketing specializes in website design, pay per click advertisement, content marketing, and search engine optimization. Learn how we can help you expand your business, increase sales, and get you customers you want to work with.